Tools: Lefthook for Git hooks
I want the git hook feedback loops, but I definitely don't want to bring Husky into the package dependencies. Husky was great, but it is getting a bit out of hand.
Decision ✅ Use Lefthook
It's easy to find people that agree with Husky's bloat: Alternatives to Husky.
- fast! written in Go :notbad:
- maintained: 56 contributors, steady code frequency
- great docs
- 😋 run commands in parallel.
Other options considered
Possibly. See no need for Husky
But on the other I also don't need:
RED="\033[1;31m" GREEN="\033[1;32m" NC="\033[0m" linter_exit_code=1 all_ts_files=$(git diff --cached --
Simple Git hooks
- popular! used by 6K
- 😒 built in 2021 but stale
- 👍 simple config,
- requires you to manually apply the changes to git hooks.
- only one command per git hook.